Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Altered Clipboard




It has come to my attention that I have not posted anything new lately. So, I decided to post my recent project of this altered clipboard. We received a clipboard at a recent staff meeting and we were to decorate any way we wanted. So, I used my favorite line of paper from the Love, Elsie line and played with color. I stamped the image on another paper and carefully cut it out to run down the center. I painted the edge with crackle paint for a worn look. I used embossing powder from Ranger for a distressed and rusty feel to the metal clip. Then to top it off I used some corrugated and peeled and distressed it to look like grungy flowers and buttons. I drilled holes on the edge and stitched it with embroidery floss for that home-made look. I love the way it turned out. Now I need to cover the back to hide the stitches and holes. Plus, I'll probably add another stamp or two to that side too.

No comments: