Thursday, February 19, 2009

Party Gras




My local scrapbook store (live.love.scrap) is having a weekend crop next weekend in honor of Mardi Gras. What better way to celebrate than to make a festive mask for the party. I decided to make the butterfly shape in hopes of an earlier spring. Although we're expecting snow in the next few days, a girl can sure hope for warmer days. I mostly used my Martha Stewart 1" circle die punch for the wings and when the wings got narrower, I used my Stampin' Up scallop punch. Lots of scrap paper in my stash, so this was a great way to cut and paste for a beautiful end result. I used Prima rhinestone swirls around the eyes and some peacock feathers for the eyelashes. A little bauble edging and some ribbon and viola...a party mask fit for a queen.


3 comments:

Mari said...

Thanks for stopping by to visit me, thought I'd do the same! I've never been to Mardi Gras (or NO for that matter) but this is exactly what I imagine it would be like - lots of colors & tons of fun.
Oh, and I thought that mirror was *way cool* - project 52? :)

lauren bergold said...

oh wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry to be repetitive...but everything i've seen today has truly made me say, "OH WOW" in my head...apparently i cannot process gorgeousness and access my mental thesaurus at the same time!)

this is truly amazing in a number of ways, but mostly, i'm impressed that you've used SCALLOP LAYERS to such magnificent effect...yet another case of "simple" and PLAIN being two totally different things!

Beth Leintz said...

Wow -you're going to be the belle of the ball- love your mask!