Friday, January 18, 2008

New Cards



Decided to work on SCS challenges tonight. Color Challenge was apricot, rose and green, so I used the owl image from Anna Griffin papers and embossed the edges. I think it needs a sentiment but I'm not sure what it should say or where I might put it. The other card is this week's sketch challenge. I love the layout of this card. I used distress paints from Ranger on pink cardstock then rolled my flower roller stamp through it. I heated the paint to make the crackle pop. I used distress ink to blend over the floral image to really show the cracks in the paint.

Then, I used a scallop ribbon on the curved image to make it a little frilly. The stamp is from Red Lead Paperworks, I love the vintage feel to her. These were both really fun cards to play with.

3 comments:

Lori Gentile said...

Hi Carol,
Thank you for posting on my blog. That was a nice surprise for me! You are a wonderful stamper. I LOVE your owl card. It's seriously the cutest owl I've ever seen! I'm off to check out your blog and your links!
Lori

Michele Kovack said...

Both of these cards are so cute! The owl is adorable!

Stamp n Sparkle said...

Nice job, the colour combo if lovely, your cards are beautiful. Thank you so much for stopping my blog, hope to see you again soon :D Zee