Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Daisy D's Challenge









A recent challenge on Daisy D's site prompted me to create with their new Bambino sock monkey line of papers. The challenge was to create a non traditional project using their newest papers. I've had the sock monkey fabric from Moda for years and I knew their was a reason I was holding on to it for so long. I visited a newly-opened IKEA recently and purchased the child's chair for $15..not bad. I played with the fun designs on the seat cutting out various circles, stars and moons. Carefully cut each monkey out and paraded them across the seat top. I used papers, brads and stamps all from Daisy D's, lots of mod podge and stazon ink for a fun project that will be around for years. I'll let you know the results of the challenge winners. Thanks for stopping by.



7 comments:

Alexis said...

that chair is literally the most adorable thing I've seen in a while!! Fabulous idea!!

Unknown said...

That is a winner!! I just love the patterns and the colors! Just beautiful. Can you tell me what brand of modge podge you use? The one I use is a bit sticky to the touch.

Teasel said...

As usual, you come up with the most gloriously creative ideas and end up with astonishing results!

lauren bergold said...

CAROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!

i am SO sorry it has taken me this long to get over here and see your marvellous monkee masterpiece (oy! such a week!) but holy moly what a great way to start the weekend! this is
AWWWWWWWWWWWESOMMMMMMMMMMMME!!!

(you couldn't just hit ikea again real quick for a grown-up sized chair for a special fan, couldja???! ok, mebbe not...i will just have to admire this one from afar!) :) :) :)

Suzanne said...

so adorable. great work.

Yogi said...

Fabulous. No wonder you got 1st prize. Very carefree.

COMUNIDAD*JOVENES said...

Hola! * We are COMUNIDAD*JOVENES
We invite you to visit our site. It will understand that interests us while we visit. Please SUPPORT to popularize this page, we are seriously interested in improving undo him that vivimos.Por that everyone knows that in the fund shares should not do, but hesitate to carry out the right thing. Here are the reasons why we must meet.



Well I charm visit your blog that this very interesting, now please support us.


Thank you. I'm waiting